Thursday, May 29, 2008

Taking Time to Smell the Daylillies

I learned to take time to smell the roses (well, daylillies but you get the idea). I was so focused on trying to get the closets cleaned out that I almost missed some very special moments. Jenna loves helping Grandmama outside with the flowers. She rushed in to bring me a few flowers from Grandmama's garden. I think I said something about them being very pretty and that we would put them in water later. She went back to "help" outside but then rushed in with such excitement. She had a surprise and wanted me to come see. She had spotted a turtle crawling around the flower bed. She jumped up and down, thrilled with her surprise. I'm glad I was able to enjoy her excitement and to smell a few daylillies in the process.

Thank you Ms. Irm and Mr. Bob for your help in identifying the turtle.